[√] Home Exchange Member’s Check-List
Welcome to HomeLink!
How to Get Started on the New HomeLink Website
⌂ Log in
You can now log in two ways:
1. through our HomeLink USA site at: https://homelink-usa.org or
2. by way of our new central HomeLink site at https://homelink.org
In the top right corner of the home page, click on “Log in”. Enter your email address and password already set up and click “Access my account”
⌂ Finish adding details to your new HomeLink listing(s)
In the top right corner of the home page, click on your name to open the drop down menu.
Click on Our Listing(s).
- Add your Location: address and position on the map. Save and Continue.
- Click on Our Home: give your home for exchange a title and description of your home. Save and Continue to Neighbourhood, Attractions and Our Preferences, completing and saving each section as you go.
- Click on Preview to see your new HomeLink home exchange listing. Go back to the form by clicking on your browser’s “back” arrow.
- Last but not least: go to Our Photos. Add photos to show your home in its best light. You need to upload your photos in the order you wish them to appear online. For example, upload an exterior shot of your home first and proceed to add photos of the interior, proceeding to outside yard and local area attractions, scenic views, etc.
- Click on the Save and Publish button that will be visible when you have reached the 90% completion mark. It’s as simple as that!
⌂ Create your family profile
Complete the information you want to share. Add a profile photo (of you, your family or simply an image that you like). New! Youth Exchange via the HomeLink network is a great and reassuring way of introducing your children to the mind-broadening experience of travel. It is now an integral part of the Family Profile. If activated, a new tab will appear directly on your listing!
⌂ Add your Dates and Destinations and create Listing Alerts
Select up to five different sets of Dates and Destinations and attract more pertinent home exchange offers. Create corresponding Listing Alerts and stay informed when new listings matching your travel plans are added to the network.
⌂ Check out your Dashboard and set your Time Zone for messages
Your Dashboard is control central for your HomeLink account. You can access your messages, exchange agreements, your listing content for editing, etc. Please note, this time zone selection menu is a bit overwhelming. This is soon to be corrected.
⌂ Start searching for homes and add your favorites to your Wish List
Finding homes that match your travel plans and exchange partners who share your interests, has never been so easy! Try the new Affinities and Affiliations criteria and find members with similar hobbies and professional interests. To begin searching, simply click the “Find an Exchange” in the upper left area of the page and enter your preferred city or country and follow the prompts from there.
⌂ Send messages and get to know your potential exchange partners
The new HomeLink messaging system is organized in “conversations”, allowing you to easily see the entire message history between you and each member you are in contact with. In addition, a photo of both exchange homes is displayed at the top of each conversation, making it easy to visualize your exchange and to access your (potential) exchange partner’s listing.
⌂ When ready, confirm your exchanges using the new Exchange Agreement
The HomeLink Home Exchange Agreement Form has been streamlined! Easily accessible at the top of each conversation in the messaging system, the new EAF is automatically pre-filled in with basic information taken from yours and your partner’s listings. Using the EAF not only provides you with a written permission to reside in someone else’s home, but also eliminates all possible misunderstandings regarding dates, n° of guests, and the fundamental logistics of the exchange.
The EAF will now be an essential part of the successful management and follow through of all HomeLink exchanges (automatically recording your exchange history in your Dashboard, increasing the number of exchanges on your ee-counter, sending you the Home Exchange Evaluation Form at the end of each exchange, and inviting you and your exchange partners to sign each other’s Guest Book…).